Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just Another Fish Story...

So I was able to go fishing with my mom and dad before Fall Break and let me just say that it was so much fun! I didn't realize how much I missed fishing. Anyway, we went out to Yuba and found a shallow place that was just crowded with fish! It honestly didn't take long at all reel in my first catch...This was a pretty gross looking fish! It wasn't until later that we figured out this "beaut's" name. Are you ready for it? Here is Icky Vicky-she didn't look well at all. Hence her name. We decided to let her swim freely in Yuba Lake once again and then returned to fishing.

This time I decided that I was going to name my fish before I caught them; to make it more personal ya know? Please don't judge me...it was just one of those days. :) I don't know where it came from, but I just felt like fish #2 was a Stephanie. It didn't take much to convince her she wanted my worm. Once again, don't judge me but I talked to the fish... After a few minutes, Stephanie decided to show herself, and of course I just had to get another picture.

Stephanie was a pretty hefty girl, but I was still stoked by her presence. The real reason for turning Icky Vicky loose was that she was a carp. Well, as you can see, Stephanie is also a carp so we set her free as well. But guess what that meant? It was time to figure out a new name and catch another fish!

This time I chose the name Preston. I would tell him things like, "Here Preston, you know you want to eat my worm." My mom being the sweet person she is, she decided to talk to the fish as well and told Preston not to listen to me. Basically, she thought I was the devil on this trip and she even admitted to it. So then I said, "Preston, I don't want to eat you. I just want to meet you." I hoped that would make it better with my mom, but she still told Preston to say away. He just couldn't do it though so here he is. I caught three fish so fast that I just couldn't believe it. I went from being a horrible fisherman to catching three so close together! I never imagined something like this would happen. I had a nice time "meeting" Preston and then we put him back into his natural habitat.

This whole time my dad had caught nothing and I felt horrible. My next fish I named Bruno, but I whispered to him and told him not to come until my dad at least caught one. Well, it wasn't long until my dad finally caught one! It was really funny though because he swore that this fish wasn't a carp by the way it was fighting. He said on and on that it was going to be a big walleye (which is what he really wanted to catch). Well, according to the picture (which pictures don't lie) that "walleye" was indeed a carp. He just couldn't believe it though because it was such a fighter. Since I was naming my fish, I told my dad he needed to name his as well. I thought Hercules was very appropriate because of the strength he had.

Not much later...my dad caught another fish! Just like last time, he was sure that this fish wasn't a carp as well. It was so jumpy and sparatic that it was just too different than what a carp would fight like. Much to his dismay, his fish was yet again a carp. My dad found another fitting name, Jupitor, to describe the kind of fight he gave. After my dad caught Jupitor, I whispered to Bruno again and told him that he could now come. In the meantime, my mom was reading a book on her kindle so I decided to read it for her. After a handful of pages I got pretty bored and stopped reading. I kid you not, the second I stopped I had Bruno! It was pretty crazy. My mom said that that was his way of letting me know I wasn't supposed to stop reading...silly mom. :) When we were getting the hook out of him and getting him on the chains, we somehow managed to cut him. Oh yeah, he also had a tracker or something on him. Weird right? Poor Bruno...he started bleeding and I felt super bad! But what a trooper he was! My dad then caught another fish. I know you're probably wondering what reason he had for it not being a carp, but this time he said nothing while catching it. Once this little guy was caught, my dad said his name would be Frederick. I have absolutely no idea where he got this name, but here is Frederick! :)At this point, we were all kind of ready to go home. I had to catch at least one more to make it five fish (which is half of a perfect ten) rather than just four (which was just too less of a number). I asked my mom what fish I should catch and she told me Scotty. I went along with it at first, but there were two times where he was nibbling and I just couldn't hook him. This led me to change to catching Goldie instead. Plus, it all just made sense. Let's think back to the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." On the fifth day, what did the true love give? 5 GOLDEN RINGS! Therefore, I couldn't catch any fish other than Goldie. Once this was decided, it wasn't long until I had her. This is the fish that was going to end my fishing trip. Or would it be? While we were getting Goldie on the chain we simply set the hook back in the water. (I would say the line was only a foot and a half or so deep) All of a sudden, the fishing pole was taken to the end of the boat. I hurried and grabbed it and to our surprise, there was a fish on the end! This was totally unexpected, but we welcomed Scotty with open arms. I guess he really wanted to meet us; just on his own time and on his own terms. While we were taking this picture of Scotty, my dad decided to put the hook back in the water. Even though we put it back in wondering if something would happen, it still came by quite a surprise when the fishing pole moved again. But before we could catch it, it was in the water! I tried to grab it but missed and so my dad reached in his whole arm in to grab it. Luckily he was able to get ahold of the fishing pole which once again had another fish on the end! It was quite a sad scene when I noticed that Sebastian was bleeding all over. I had to hold him over the boat to take my sympathy photo with him. I was very worried that Sebastian was going to die, but thankfully when we put him back he swam away. But before we put him back, I just had to get a picture with the three fish I magically caught in the end. These three made my number jump from four fish clear to seven! Who knew I could catch that many right? :)This fishing trip was so much fun! It was spent with two of the most important people in my life and its sure to be interesting when I'm with those two. :) They are just so silly! Anyway, here is my fish story. Some say that it is just that; a fish story, but to three people this truly happened! I leave it up to you to really decide or not. Let me just leave you with a thought though...How else would I have gotten a picture with three fish at a time if I threw them all back right after I caught them? :)

1 comment:

  1. Lol you're a cracker. And I think you're the sully one, not your parents :)

    ReplyDelete