Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Adventure of Kellie-Jo and Katelyn!

On the night of January 22nd, Kellie-jo and I embarked on an adventure in which we never anticipated it would go the way it did. We had a lot of fun though, and now we want to do stuff like this all the time! :)

First, we ate at Taco Amigo in Pleasant Grove. It actually wasn’t that bad. It was like a home cooked taco with French fries and their fry sauce was amazing! Then while driving on the freeway, I said something about Cabellas and how I’d never been there, so Kellie-jo said, “Let’s go then!” She said that just in time too because the exit was right there. She didn’t think I really would but I pulled off and we went to Cabellas! It was so cool! We took a lot of pictures and just messed around and stuff. We also bought some roasted almond things, like they sell at State Drill, for the road. They were so delicios, but oh so filling!

Well we finally made it to Clinton, so now all we had to do was find Taylor’s house. Long story short, we got lost… We kept turning the wrong ways and ended up in neighborhoods that looked like hers because all the houses looked the same! It was crazy! We even got pulled over by a cop. He said that one of the license plate lights were out and that my tail light was broken. I was able to stay calm the whole time and show him everything he needed, and he let us off with a warning! He was super nice though! He asked us where we were from and what brought us clear up there. I think being from far away and being lost in a foreign city might have made him take pity on us a little bit lol

After about forty-five minutes, we finally made it to Taylor’s! Her house was not what I expected at all! But they had it decorated really nice and cute. Her little sisters are so stinking cute! The older one was gorgeous, but she never really talked. And the littlest one was super cute and funny. She was hilarious!

We got up early Sunday morning to get ready for Ryan’s farewell! I had Sam and Taylor explain how to get there so we would be sure to make it on time. It was actually really easy. We got there twenty minutes before his church was supposed to start so we just drove around the subdivision until it was closer. His talk was so good! I never realized how funny he was, but he was cracking jokes left and right. They were jokes that really only made sense if you knew him, but still…it was way fun finally seeing him. Afterwards, we went up to congratulate him and all that jazz. Well, I gave him a hug and talked to him for a little bit. He asked if we were going to go to his luncheon, but we decided not too. I felt bad because when I told him no, he seemed kind of bummed. He understood though…that’s something I’ve always liked about Ryan. He’s so understanding and he’s non-judgemental. He’s a really great guy and he is going to make such a great missionary! It’s really bittersweet because I’m going to miss talking to him all the time, but at least he’s in the states and I’ll get to write him a lot! Good luck Elder Ryan Miller! J

Then, Kellie-jo and I went to the Salt Lake Temple. Oh goodness, that temple is so beautiful. We even found it very easily…we’re getting pretty good at the whole direction thing ha ha We were able to walk around the temple and we checked out both visitor centers. There were a ton of sister missionaries and it was fun to visit with them and stuff. It made me really want to go on a mission and I’m pretty sure that if I’m not married by the time I’m twenty-one, I’ll go! It makes me so excited!!! J We took a few pictures here and just enjoyed the temple and all of its beauty!

Lastly, we stopped at Kellie-jo’s grandma’s house for lunch and to visit. She is such a sweet lady! We had sandwiches and talked to her about a bunch of stuff. She even has a little cocker spaniel…it made me miss Duke a lot! And, I’ve decided that if I am ever able to get a dog, that would be a good one to get J I like the really tame ones…they make life more fun I think ha ha

When we left her grandma’s house, it was a long drive back to Ephraim! The whole way back, we were listening to church music which was good, but I was getting so tired. Kellie-jo was too, so a little bit before Nephi, she changed it to music we could sing to. We stopped at my house to grab a few things and go to the bathroom. On our last part of the drive, we had a lot of fun! We talked a lot and sang at the top of our lungs! We even took more pictures of us on the road…it was great fun.

This little trip was so much fun! In all, it was only about 24 hours which is crazy with how much we did. It was awesome though and I can’t wait until our next adventure! For Spring Break, we’ve decided that it would be so cool to hit up a lot of the temples and do baptisms for the dead. That would be so cool, so hopefully it all works out! Oh, we just have so much fun!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment